Today I thought I would give you a rundown of the top bird websites, in my opinion. There are other organizational websites that I like but they have very little useful information for the backyard bird watcher. The below websites are all very useful websites.
- All About Birds This has to be my favorite website. There is more information on this website than any other that I’ve found. All About Birds is a community website hosted by The Cornell Lab of Ornithology. They have the best Bird Guide available online, in my option.
- Project FeederWatch Another Cornell Lab of Ornithology website where you can help track bird migrations and bird numbers by counting the birds in your backyard.
- 10,000 Birds This a great birding website. The 10,000 Birds name is based on the fact that there are about 10,000 different species of birds and the website attempts to cover them all.
- Fatbirder’s Top 1000 Birding Website This is where you can find a list of great birding websites ranked by the amount of traffic they receive.
- What Bird A great website that helps you identify North American birds by visual aid or by name.
- Fatbirder North America Using this resource you select the state where you reside and you are presented with a wealth of information including birding society’s and organizations in your area, parks and preserves in your area, plus much more.
- Hummingbirds Everything you wanted to know about attracting, identifying, and feeding hummingbirds.
- National Bird Feeding Society the ultimate bird feeding resource to find out what bird are eating.
- Birds and Birdwatching on Facebook This is where the average backyard bird watcher, like me, can share photos and talk about their bird encounters.
- National Geographic Birds Has an amazing collection of bird pics that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Environment for Americas This is the not for-profit that creates educational materials for bird education. They are better know for their promotion of Bird Day. A day to make people aware of our birds.
- National Audubon Society Birds Another website with a ton of quality bird information.
- 99Birdhouses Did you honestly think I would leave off my website-Laugh.
Well that’s my roundup of websites. Let me know of any websites you think are helpful for backyard bird watchers. Happy birding!